Our Favorite V-Day Nails Tips and Tutorials:
1. Prep and paint. “After you’ve filed your nails into an almond shape, push back your cuticles” — remember, DO NOT CUT THEM! — “and apply a basecoat.
2. Paint a small diagonal oval from the left side of your nail almost to the right side,” Whitehill says. She used Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Carnal Red.
3. Create the other half of the heart. “Make the same oval shape, starting from the right side of the nail to almost the left side, completing the heart,” she says. “Then, apply a clear top coat and you’re done!”
Now go out there and break some hearts!
For extra flare: Add a white polish layer betweens steps two and three (above).
Apply a basecoat and paint a full white layer. After you make sure that the white layer is dry completely, you can start the red heart design.
1.Dip a toothpick in your nail polish (any color of your choice) and make a thick dot closer to the left side of your nail.
2. Repeat step one and make a second dot on the right side of first dot. The dots should be at least 2-5 mm apart from each other.
3. One by one, drag the dots down diagonally toward the bottom center. The two dots should meet at a point.
4. Fill in any empty spaces and perfect your heart.
Happy Valentine’s Day!