If you are anything like us – you need your caffeine fix even during the hot summer months, but could do without that hot cup of coffee. Beat the heat with a cool and refreshing Dirty Chai Almond Milk Latte recipe by Beth of Tasty Yummies! Beth describes her recipe as, “Simple-to-make, coffee-house worthy beverage is full of so many incredible flavors.” If you enjoy a delicious dirty chai from time to time, trust us, the iced drink recipe will have you captivated.
Find the recipe here!
Recipes by Tasty Yummies
Today’s Top Looks
Pizza. Admit it, you’ve just gone all warm inside. If you are anything like us, your love affair with pizza has you on the constant hunt for that perfect slice. All things pizza are amazing except when you get to the guilty aftermath. In comes the magnificent Beet Crust Pizza by Bakers Royale– A not so ordinary pizza with a whimsical arrangement of fresh and beautiful ingredients. This healthy and delicious pizza is our definition of the perfect spring time pizza (Yes, dreams really do come true).
Crust (makes two 12 inch crust)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoon active-dry
- 17 ouncesunbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¾ cup pureed beets (about 2 large beets, roasted and peeled)
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 10-12 stalks of asparagus, trimmed, blanched and then tossed in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 3 soft boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 roasted beet, sliced
- 4 oz. mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 tablespoons pesto (optional)
- 1 handful of watercress (optional)
To make crust:
Preparation: Place pizza stone on lower middle rack. Heat oven to 500° F.
- Combine and stir water and yeast in a mixing bowl until mixture resembles miso soup. Add flour salt, honey and pureed beets to yeast mixture and combine until dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until the flour is incorporated, about 5 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic. The dough should be moist and slightly tacky. (If it’s sticky, add in more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth). Form dough into a ball. Lightly oil a bowl and place dough in, turning once to coat dough with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm area to double in size, about 1 ½ to 2 hours. Once doubled evenly divide dough in half and refrigerate one half for another time or double the topping recipe to make two 12 inch pizzas.
- Lightly grease a sheet of parchment paper with olive oil. Transfer one ball of dough to parchment and stretch it out by hand as much as possible. Lightly brush olive oil on another piece of parchment paper and place it on top of hand-flattened dough. Use a rolling pin and work from the middle of the dough outward to flatten dough to ¼ inch thickness. Peel off top parchment paper.
Note: Dough can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to three days.
- If using pesto, evenly spread it on the crust with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, leaving ½ inch border. Top with 3 oz. goat cheese on top and layer with asparagus, soft boiled egg slices, mini heirloom tomatoes and remaining 1 oz .of goat cheese.
- Slide the pizza (with the parchment underneath) on to the hot pizza stone. Bake for 3-5 minutes until pizza crust starts to slightly brown. Rotate the pizza once and remove parchment, continue to bake for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven. Optional: Garnish and with watercress, or any choice of greens you prefer. Slice and serve.
Check out The Fashion Tribe for sweet style deals!
It’s that one time of year where we allow ourselves to indulge in frilly, pink, heart shaped every-things. Make today special by sharing desserts (that are almost too pretty to eat) with your loved ones. May your days be filled with copious amounts of sweets – pun intended. Happy Valentine’s Day!
All recipes can be found here